Traffic Tickets


If you hire Attorney Joel Harbinson to assist with your traffic citation, here is an overview of what you can expect:

  • Retain Attorney Harbinson either by paying using the form below, by calling our traffic ticket line at 704‑253‑4866, or by mailing your payment and a copy of your citation to: P.O. Box 365, Statesville, NC 28687. Checks should be made payable to "Harbinson & Brzykcy, Attorneys at Law." Note: The attorney fee must be received at least a week prior to your court date or your court date may be rescheduled. Rescheduling of your court date will not affect the outcome of your case.
  • Once you have paid your attorney fee, just sit back and relax while our team handles your case. We will schedule your citation and keep up with any potential changes to your court date due to court closures. We will pull your driving record to confirm your eligibility for certain pleas.
  • Attorney Harbinson will have your charge reduced on your scheduled court date.
  • After court, we will obtain and mail your "Criminal Bill of Costs" (if applicable in the county in which you were charged) along with a follow up letter from Attorney Harbinson describing the outcome of your case. (Please make sure that you provide a current mailing address when you retain our firm.)
  • You will have 40-90 days after your court date (the due date timeframe is dependent on the county in which you received your citation) to pay your court costs to the county's Clerk of Court, and payment options will be listed for you.

Make A Payment

To remit payment for an invoice you have received from our office, kindly click the logo below to redirected to LawPay. Your account will be immediately credited once the payment has been tendered.

Please list either your citation number or add the name of the defendant and what they were charged with in the "Reference" section.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I paid my attorney fee and have not heard anything from your office. What should I do?
A: Please allow 10 days to receive your follow up letter after your scheduled court date. If you still have not received the letter, please reach out to Alex Corbett at for assistance. We scan all letters and bills prior to mailing, so we will have a digital copy if it gets lost in the mail or misplaced.

Q: I just received a letter from the court notifying me my court date has been moved/rescheduled. Do I need to appear?
A: Due to COVID-19, courts may periodically close and reschedule all cases. The Clerk of Court will send a letter to notify all defendants of their new court dates whether they have an attorney or not. If you have retained Attorney Harbinson, you will not need to appear, and we will keep track of all updated court dates as well as any changes to the court location. Please feel free to reach out to Alex Corbett at if you would like to confirm.

Q: I am trying to pay my court fees online, but the citation number is not working. What am I doing wrong?
A: Please make sure you go to Select 'Find My Court Case' under 'Court Collections and Payments'. Select the county in which you received the ticket from the drop down. Enter your file number. (Examples: 20CR12345, 20IF12345, 21CR12345, 21IF12345.). Select "Look Up File".

Intake Form

What was the nature of your traffic ticket?

Fail to stop for a red light
Fail to yield right‑of‑way
Reckless driving

How would you like us to contact you?
Telephone (Home)
Telephone (Office)
Telephone (Cell)
No Preference

 *Full Name:

 *E-Mail Address:

 *Telephone (Home):

 Telephone (Office):

 Traffic Citation Number:

 Location In Which Citation Was Issued (City/County):

 *Additional Details About Your Traffic Ticket:

Please check this box to confirm your understanding that submission of this form does not in any way create an attorney-client relationship between you and Harbinson & Brzykcy, as all such agreements must be forged in writing.