Teresa Pennell Brown
Teresa is a lifelong resident of Alexander County. She grew up in the Ellendale community, the daughter of Larry and Jo Ann (Austin) Pennell. She is the proud mother of
Joseph Larry Brown and Jonathan Lynn Brown, who she has raised solely since 2003 when her husband passed away unexpectedly. Teresa and her children reside in the Wittenburg community
of Alexander County. They enjoy all sorts of outdoor activities and spending time with family and friends.
Teresa attended both Caldwell Community College and Wilkes Community College, taking courses in Business and Nursing. She enjoys learning new things, meeting new people, and loves a challenge. She has a specific passion for anything related to the science of medicine. She has been employed with the Law Office of Harbinson, Brzykcy & Corbett since December 2003. Prior to her employment with HBC, she worked with the Alexander County Department of Social Services for 15 years.
- Certificate of Recognition - 10 years of Service / Alexander County Dept. of Social Services
- Certificate of Appreciation - Volunteer Service / State of NC Department of Human Resources
- Certificate of Appreciation - Volunteer Service / The National Center for Citizen Involvement - Home Delivered Meals - Meals on Wheels
- Substance Abuse & Welfare Reform Training (UNC-CH School of Social Work) / May 6, 1998
- Child Support Training / 1998
- Satisfying Medicare & Medicaid (Avoiding the Pitfalls of Liens) / November 2012
- Review of Notary Public Laws / May 2011
Organizations & Affiliations
- Catawba Valley Paralegal Association
- American Cancer Society's Relay for Life Team
- North Carolina Social Services Association
Teresa is Ms. Brzykcy's administrative assistant in the areas of Social Security Disability, Workers' Compensation, Estates, Real Estate Closings, Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, and Medical
Naomi comes to us via Akron, Ohio. She is a dedicated wife and mother of an fifteen year old daughter and a thirteen year old son. Although born and raised in Ohio, she has lived in North Carolina for the last twenty-two years. She is married to her husband, Michael, who is a native of Alexander County.
Naomi started her career as a Receptionist, advancing to the position of Office Manager. After the birth of her second child, she chose to be a stay-at-home mom for the last nine years, occasionally working as a substitute teacher for the Alexander County School System.
As many of us these days, she balances family, faith and a career, living a very busy life full of its ups and downs. Naomi and her family are very active in their church, New Life Christian Fellowship, Taylorsville, NC. They also stay busy taking their children to their sporting activities which include basketball and volleyball.
Naomi is Mr. Harbinson's administrative assistant in the area of Traffic Offenses and Criminal Cases.
Anna Harris joined the Law Firm of Harbinson, Brzykcy & Corbett in October of 2013.
She primarily works as a legal assistant to Joel Harbinson in Domestic and Civil matters, but also assists with Superior Court criminal and DWI cases. Prior to her employment with
Harbinson, Brzykcy & Corbett Law Office, she worked at Benbow and Phillips Law Firm in Statesville, North Carolina,
working primarily in the areas of Personal Injury, Workers Compensation, Criminal and Domestic law.
Anna is a graduate of Alexander Central High School and Wingate University, where she received her B.A. in 2011. Additionally, Anna is a notary for the state of North Carolina.
Anna is a native of Alexander County. She attends First United Methodist Church of Taylorsville, and sings in her church choir. She also sings with the Hickory Choral Society, and occasionally teaches private voice. She has participated and performed in multiple operas and musicals both in and out of college, and has performed as a soloist for many musical organizations. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, and riding horses with her family on weekends. Her hobbies also include drawing and painting, and on her free time, she works as a part-time freelance artist.
- Legal Support Staff: CLE TPR & Name Changes Training, September 20, 2013
- Legal Support Staff: CLE Expunctions Training, September 20, 2013
- Notary Public Laws Training, October 15, 2012
Organizations & Affiliations
- Hickory Choral Society
- Professional Awareness (2011-2013)
- American Quarter Horse Society