Medical professionals make mistakes. It's a simple fact of life. As much as we would like to believe that the people in whom we place so much trust are infallible, the reality could not be
further from that ideal. Physicians, nurses, lab technicians, first-responders, and other hospital personnel are faced with the same stresses and personal problems as everyone else in the
world. The only difference is that when they allow themselves to become distracted and commit errors on the job, lives are at stake.
If you or a loved one has been the recent victim of medical malpractice, we encourage you to call Harbinson & Brzykcy, Attorneys at Law without delay. Medical malpractice matters are among the most difficult, expensive, and time-consuming cases to prove. We therefore would need to begin speaking with witnesses and collecting evidence on your behalf in the most expeditious manner possible.
Everyone expects to be properly diagnosed when they visit their doctor. We want to know what's ailing us and how soon we can return to our normal routine of spending time with family and participating in the leisure-time activities we enjoy so much. But when an intern or a resident has been assigned the overnight shift for the umpteenth time in a row, or the emergency room is jam-packed full of patients, or a chart is misread, the consequences are often dire.
Medical malpractice cases can arise from a wide array of mistakes. The most important factor for anyone who believes they may have a case against a medical practitioner is whether the level of care that was administered fell short of the expected standard for that circumstance. This may include: anesthesia errors, medication errors, surgical errors, or a botched cosmetic procedure. There also are a great number of parents who pursue medical malpractice claims after the birth of their newborn children, as birth trauma is an ongoing epidemic in delivery rooms throughout the State Of North Carolina.
Harbinson & Brzykcy, Attorneys at Law has more than fifty years of experience serving the citizens of Alexander County. We are passionate and zealous advocates for our clients. If you have either lost a relative or other loved one because of the negligence of a medical professional, please contact us today. Even if you are unsure whether your situtation is ground for a lawsuit, we hope you will reach out to us.
Circumstances that often give rise to medical malpractice torts:
- Mistakes Administering Anesthesia: Anesthesiologists have an enormous responsibility. They must ensure that proper quantities of anesthesic drugs are administered and they must carefully monitor patients while they are sedated. Anesthesiologists must competently review a patient's medical history to avoid complications and they must note any allergies a patient may have to certain medications. They must also inform patients about the need to adhere to pre-op requirements.
- Medication Mistakes: These types of errors can come in many forms. A physician may may write a prescription for the wrong dose or for the wrong type of medication altogether, both of which can result in fatal consequences. Pharmacists may also mistakenly dispense the wrong prescription or at an incorrect dosage.
- Misdiagnosis & Delayed Diagnosis: The ability to receive proper treatment begins with an accurate and timely diagnosis. When something is missed or treatment is delayed, a patients's condition is likely to worsen. The wrong diagnosis will almost assuredly result in the administration of unnecessary medication.
- Surgical Mistakes: A few of the most common and most egregious examples of surgical mistakes are operating on the wrong body part, operating on the wrong patient, and leaving surgical tools and equipment inside of a patient. As implausible as these errors may sound, they actually do occur with alarming frequency throughout the State Of North Carolina. Patients have an expectation to also receive proper care in a hospital's after surgery, and any recovery room mistakes can also give rise to a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Infections: Any time a patient is treated with a equipment that has not been properly sterilized, the risk of infection is enormous. And any infection can either exacerbate a pre-existing condition or cause an altogether new medical condition. In either situation, the risks can be life-threatening.
Our office is both experienced and knowledgeable. We would be happy to listen to the facts surrounding the injury that you or your loved one sustained, and offer an honest
assessment. There is no fee to come meet with us, and if your consultation does nothing more than provide some peace of mind after whatever traumatic incident you endured, then that would
provide great satisfaction to our entire firm.
Again, not all mistakes meet the burden of malpractice. But you can rest assured that if your set of circumstances do qualify as negligence on the part of the medical practitioner who either treated or diagnosed you, the attorneys at HBC will fight tenaciously for every dollar you are owed to compensate your family.
Choosing the right law firm to properly represent you in a medical malpractice case is critical. There is no doubt the hospital or medical office who breached your trust will put up a valiant fight to prevent an adverse decision in court. Harbinson & Brzykcy, Attorneys at Law possesses the resources, dedication, expertise, and zealousness to ensure your rights are protected. We will stop at nothing to ensure you are made whole once again.